Friday, 12 January 2007

The Friday that refuses to end

I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. I cant help feeling sorry for myself, being stuck in the one department that refuses to go home early on a Friday. The only department in this massive, evil, giant corporation and the only one, miserable department in the entire city. Cape Town is famous for early Fridays - yet here I sit with all these miserable bastards!

Yesterday - I took the plunge! Kitted in my new tracksuit pants and horrible white gym top, I walked out the complex gates, armed with a cigarette. (I know it sound ridiculous, but I felt too weird leaving the house without a cigarette in my hand) I ran to the end of the road, I must have jogged past five houses, I became alarmed at the thundering of my heart and the sudden urge to collapse turned around and half jogged, half walked back home. Shameful! Embarrassing!! But I won’t give up, next time I will be longer than 10 minutes!!!

Today I had my innocent yogurt with muesli and strawberries, followed by carrot salad and pineapples for lunch at ridiculous cost of R8 for a bowl of carrots. Then I destroyed my angelic behavior by eating a packet of Smoked Beef Simba crisps.

I can’t wait to get into my car. To put on my shades, to listen to the radio and to say F*** all of you, I am going home!!

No comments: